The recently awarded Best Work Space of the Decade in the Inde.Awards was the Commonwealth Bank of Australia’s Axel at South Eveleigh Building. The building incorporates environmentally sustainable design features to achieve a 6 star Green Star rating, a 5 star + 40% Nabers Energy in design rating and a 4 Star Nabers Water in operation rating. That’s a pretty impressive list!
Adding to the list of sustainability features, biophilia was also an important inclusion and is woven through the workplace, with indoor gardens, ample daylight and terraces. Every workspace should include biophilia, don’t you think?
– Solar photovoltaic panels
– Rainwater harvesting and re-use of water
– Water efficient toilets, taps, showers and urinals
– Energy and water efficient mechanical, electrical and hydraulic services
– Lighting comfort from localised lighting control
– High quality indoor air
– Biophillia incorporated into the design with planting, access to views and outdoor terraces
The design encourages staff to step outside the digital and into a tactile world. Complementing the prevalence of timber, large elements of the base build are exposed—such as the concrete edge beams—authentic to the history of the site and conveying that this is not a traditional corporate environment.