NATIVE is a new upholstery fabric range new to Instyle’s sustainable LIFE Textiles collection. It’s earthy muted palette is inspired by the Australian landscape, and is a versatile range of greyed off greens, soft blues and warm ochres. The 20 colourways were chosen to be timeless and have longevity, to ensure the fabrics stand the test of time and outlive changing design trends.
Updating fabrics to keep up with changing tastes can result in unnecessary waste and landfill, a consideration which is quite often neglected when design changes are made to a project. It’s fantastic that Instyle have designed their products to be part of the solution.
LIFE Textiles was designed to Cradle to Cradle principles. At the time of it’s launch in 2004, it was the first Australian textile collection which addressed the entire produce lifestyle – from raw material sourcing to product recyclability. The collection uses renewable resources such as wool from Australia and New Zealand and is produced to strict environmental criteria, which involves using biodegradable detergents and low impact dyes.
Due to these manufacturing techniques LIFE Textiles is certified low VOC as wool absorbs and does not re-emit indoor air contaminants such as sulphur dioxide, nitrogen dioxide and formaldehyde. At the end of the use of the textiles, they can be recycled through Instyle’s Revive program and is biodegradable.
– Sustainable textiles
– Made from low pesticide eco wool sourced from Australian farms
– Certified low VOC
– Is recyclable and biodegradable
– Over 90% sustainable, low pesticide eco wool
– Manufactured to strict environmental criteria, reduced water + energy use, reuse of water, recycling of waste, no hazardous substances
– Designed and made in Australia
– $1 for every meter sold will be donated to The Nature Conservancy
– Can contribute points to Green Star, LEED and WELL certification programs
Nadine is the founder and editor of Eco Edition and founder of the Eco Edition Design School. She’s an experienced interior designer, sustainable materials consultant, speaker and serial home renovator.