This is the Six Senses Hotel in Shaharut sixsenses.shaharut, due to open at the end of this year. Imagine yourself sitting near the pool for your Friday afternoon drink. How blissful!
The Six Senses Hotel Group are luxury hotel chain who not only build sustainably but they also involve the hotel guests in their sustainability programs as part of their stay. Each resort has an Earth Lab where hotel guests can participate in classes from gardening to making your own detergents to foraging for organic produce in the garden. Also, each hotel property also has a Sustainability Fund where they direct resources into locally appropriate projects such as providing medical care, access to clean drinking water and access to education.
– Each property is aiming for LEED Silver certification
– Passive design
– Zero waste philosophy
– Working towards being plastic free by 2022
– Energy efficient lighting and equipment
– Renewable energy production
– Water efficiency and water recycling
– Locally sourced and sustainably produced materials
– In newer properties, A/C is programmed to switch off when doors are opened
– Organic fruit and vegetables are grown onsite plus each hotel has a chicken run, goats and beehives
– Food waste is composted on site
Nadine is the founder and editor of Eco Edition and founder of the Eco Edition Design School. She’s an experienced interior designer, sustainable materials consultant, speaker and serial home renovator.